To apply. please send your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Bay Cities Paving & Grading, Inc., based in Concord, California, with 50+ years of stability has an opening for a full time Dispatcher. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people, in a friendly environment, within the fast-paced industry of construction.
The Dispatcher is responsible for providing effective and timely dispatch support for field operation functions. This includes the scheduling and dispatch of field crew members, equipment, and material to the appropriate job locations based on business needs.
- Support Company field operation objectives through timely and efficient communication with field Managers/Supervisors and effective implementation of dispatch procedures.
- Promote Bay Cities’ culture of diversity, teamwork, fair work ethics and respect for others by building and maintaining positive working relationships across the company and with external contacts.
- Adheres to Company policies, procedures and guidelines that protect the Company’s interests and those of its employees.
- Promote and protect Bay Cities’ image and its perception in the community.
- Work proactively to resolve dispatch issues or challenges.
- Schedule and dispatch work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to job site requests.
- Coordinate and dispatch all equipment and transportation moves, including applicable permit requests.
- Arrange for the transport of equipment.
- Assist the Equipment Utilization Manager in the ordering, dispatching, and tracking of rental equipment and ensuring accuracy of rental contracts prior to transport of equipment.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to Supervisors.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
Coordinate with Unions on hiring needs.
- Maintain accuracy of dispatch system and transportation logs daily.
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Work Experience: Must have 3 years prior union/construction dispatch experience.
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Knowledgeable of union time and attendance rules as it relates to base wages and fringe benefits.
- Knowledge of construction equipment, trucking, materials, and their uses.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Outlook.
- HCSS Dispatch experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We offer an excellent benefit package (health, dental and vision). 100% of employee and 75% of dependent premiums are paid by employer. We also offer Life Insurance, a 401K Plan, vacation and sick leave.