To apply. please send your resume and contact info to: email@example.com
Bay Cities is looking for Project Engineers to assist on projects across Northern California. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people, in a friendly environment, within the fast paced industry of construction.
Project Engineers will be part of the overall engineering team that supports the Project Managers in all operational aspects of a construction project.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of subcontractors and other forces
- Act as primary liaison between the field operations and central accounting department for the purpose of accurate time keeping procedures, and complete job cost accounting and reporting
- Work with Area and Project Superintendents to develop short term working schedules, track material needs and availability for all projects
- Track and document quantities and field measurements for progress payment purposes
- Create Daily Extra Work Reports and submit to Contract Admin for review
- Attend Construction site meetings or Pre-construction meetings as needed
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing company procedures, rules, and regulations
- Process and track all submittals
- Process Requests for Information (RFI)
- Submit Staking Requests
- Prepare traffic control plans and schedule weekly lane closures
- Perform Takeoffs for plan changes
- Create daily time cards in HCSS, and monitor and adjust time cards created in the field
- Administrative support for remote offices (answering phones, scanning documents, filing, ordering supplies, processing mail, etc.)
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Work Experience: One to three years of general engineering experience in Roadway Construction environment is required.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management, or an Associate’s Degree in Construction Management or related fields.
- Understanding of Blueprints and project specifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic skills in scheduling software, such as Primavera P6, and Microsoft P6.
This is an hourly position offered at a competitive salary.
Bay Cities is an Equal Opportunity, At Will Employer.
We offer an excellent benefit package (health, dental and vision). 100% of employee and 75% of dependent premiums are paid by employer. We also offer Life Insurance, a 401K Plan, vacation and sick leave.