To apply. please send your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bay Cities is looking for Project Manager to oversee the overall operations of roadway construction projects across Northern California. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people, in a friendly environment, within the fast paced industry of construction.
Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through Superintendent or Foreman, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professional to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit projections, progress reports, or cost tracking reports
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems
- Take actions to deal with results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Ensure all necessary permits and licenses are obtained
- Direct and supervise workers; ensure they comply with company policies and deadlines
- Develop or implement quality control programs
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects
- Communicate monthly with Accounting Department in preparation of Work in Progress Reporting
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Work Experience: Five or more years of experience in Construction Management or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Heavy Civil Construction.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Understanding of Blueprints and project specifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic skills in scheduling software, such as Primavera P6, and Microsoft P6.
This is a salaried position offered at a competitive rate.
Bay Cities is an Equal Opportunity, At Will and E-Verify Employer.
We offer an excellent benefit package (health, dental and vision). 100% of employee and 75% of dependent premiums are paid by employer. We also offer Life Insurance, a 401K Plan, vacation and sick leave.