To apply. please send your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bay Cities is looking for a Superintendent with experience in Heavy Civil Road/HWY Construction to oversee the operation of projects in Northern California. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people, in a friendly environment, within the fast paced industry of construction.
Under the direction of the Area Superintendent & Project Manager, the Superintendent provides on-site coordination for all phases of assigned construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Oversee daily operations of assigned projects.
- Have intimate knowledge of plans, specifications, and project documents (geo-tech reports, boring logs, permits, etc.) for assigned projects.
- Train Foreman on breakdown of bid items (i.e. crews, productions, materials, etc.).
- Meet weekly with Project Manager and Project Engineer to create 3 week look-ahead schedules.
- Understanding critical activities related to the CPM schedule.
- Provide copy of 3 week-look ahead schedule to Foreman and ensure they understand their upcoming operations in order to provide a heads up on future crew / equipment needs.
- Review and update daily/rolling schedule with Foreman, make adjustments if needed.
- Identify and communicate potential conflicts of upcoming operations prior to their commencement. Work with Project Manager and Project Engineer to resolve conflicts before they delay the upcoming operations.
- Similarly, identify potential production issues (by reviewing activity specific bid productions) before operation begins in order to mitigate losses.
- Oversee and facilitate equipment use on projects by coordinating with other superintendents, the area superintendent and the equipment manager.
- Verify Foreman’s dispatch against 3-week look-ahead schedule.
- Ensure Foreman is turning in accurate and completed timecards, tags and DEWRs on time.
- Be the conduit between the field and the office (i.e. between Foreman and Project Management Team).
- Assist Project Manager and/or Project Engineer to ensure subcontractors, consultants, and vendors are being scheduled on time per the approved submittals, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that safety / SWPPP deficiencies are addressed immediately.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and material submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections and staking requests with Owner’s Rep via Project Engineer.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards. Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite. Document (via pictures) weekly status of site conditions. Be sure to be particularly aware of scenarios that entail other contractors interfering with Bay Cities productions; damage to our work by others; and conditions of site before pulling off of project.
- Be Bay Cities’ on-site representative. If there are issues in the field (conflicts, changes, potential delays or extra work) the Superintendent will bring it up to the inspector on record and inform the Project Manager / Project Engineer to create RFIs.
- Maintain healthy and constructive relationships with Project Owner / General Contractor’s on-site personnel.
- Set the example for all Bay Cities’ on-site personnel on how to conduct themselves professionally in the field.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Evaluate and report (to Area Superintendents and Project Managers) job site personnel performance.
- Review and utilize HCSS production analysis on a daily basis.
- Meet weekly with foreman and project engineer to go over job cost production reports (production analysis).
- Train Foreman and field personnel (material and trucking calculations; professional correspondence; SWPPP; day-to-day safety; proper planning; standard operating procedures / methods.
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Work Experience:Minimum 5 years Foreman / Supervisory experience in Road/HWY Construction field.
Education:High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Problem Solving – Applying critical-thinking skills to solve problems by generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions
- Communication Proficiency – Explains complicated matters simply and takes the initiative to keep other people informed
- Leadership – Provides clear instruction and expectations and sets a positive example
- Strategic Thinking – Innovates through analysis of issues and trends and how these link to responsibilities, capabilities and potential of the organization
- Competitive – Understands our competition and works to ensure we are leaders in the industry
- Quality – Maintains strict and consistent commitment to high standards, meeting or exceeding the expectations of the company and our customers
- Respect – Treats others with respect, courtesy, tact and friendliness and actively attempts to be helpful
towards others Respects other’s time and priorities
This is a salaried position offered at a competitive rate.
Bay Cities is an Equal Opportunity, At Will and E-Verify Employer.
We offer an excellent benefit package (health, dental and vision). 100% of employee and 75% of dependent premiums are paid by employer. We also offer Life Insurance, a 401K Plan, vacation and sick leave.