To apply, please send your resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bay Cities Paving & Grading, Inc., a growing heavy construction company, based in Concord, California, with 50+ years of stability has an opening for a full-time Estimator. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people, in a friendly environment, within the fast paced industry of construction.
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects to ensure Bay Cities Paving and Grading is a responsive bidder.
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location, and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
- Download, print and review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
- Select Public/Private Projects for bidding
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the local & regional markets.
- Control construction cost through pricing negotiations with General Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and Trucking vendors.
- Submit RFI’s to Agencies, Owners, General Contractors and Architects as needed during bidding process.
- Determine quantities “take-offs” and/or review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Apply advanced reasoning for mathematical calculations processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
- Analyze and evaluate bidding risks, strategies and present estimate and participate in bid reviews with management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate.
- Travel as necessary to visit job sites & preconstruction meetings.
- Prepare bid documents for submission to insure bid day responsiveness.
- Analyze competition and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Prepare post bid package for operations.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at estimator handoff meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
- Support Project Managers as needed to ensure control of construction costs and maintain integrity of bid.
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Must have 5 years or more years as an Estimator in the field of Civil or HWY Construction.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Architecture, or equivalent related work experience.
Proficient skills in:
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- AGTEK Take-off
- Blue-Beam Take-off
- Primavera Scheduling software
- Advanced knowledge of Estimating software – HCSS (Heavy Bid) Preferred
- Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of agency (U)DBE requirements